Elvis & Kresse
Large Post Bag
A keep-going-all-day bag
The Elvis & Kresse Large Post bag is made from genuine decommissioned fire-hose previously deployed in active duty for up to 25 years, fighting fires around the UK. A great all day bag designed to be held in the hand, carried over the shoulder or across body. The Large Post Bag has an inside zip pocket, 2 additional poacher-style pockets and a lining made from reclaimed parachute silk. It comes with a detachable and adjustable shoulder strap.
What can you fit in there?
It is large enough to keep everything you need for a day out: iPad or small laptop, phone, purse, keys, water bottle, lunch box, book, scarf and flats.
The Large Post bag is available in our signature red decommissioned fire-hose, the more rare yellow fire-hose and the Print Room version - an elegant combination of our signature decommissioned fire-hose and reclaimed printing blankets, re-engineered to create a visually stunning matt black textile that is strong and beautiful to the touch.
The Fire-hose Collection
We fell in love with London's decommissioned fire-hose back in 2005 through a chance encounter with the London Fire Brigade. We took this lifesaving material home determined to breathe new life into it and save it from its otherwise inevitable end in landfill, and vowed to donate 50% of our profits to charity.
For over a decade we have been rescuing all of London's retired fire-hose by lovingly handcrafting them into sustainable luxury bags and accessories. Every year since, Elvis & Kresse have donated 50% of the profits from the Fire-hose Collection to The Fire Fighters Charity. This heroic material, once used to save lives, gets a second chance to keep giving back.
Our Fire-hose pieces are more than just a collection, they represents a whole new kind of luxury. One that is sustainable, ethical, transparent, generous and kind.
- Dimensions: H 23 x W 34 x D 18 cm
- Handle Drop: 15 cm
- Exterior: Choice of genuine decommissioned British fire-hose or reclaimed printing blanket
- Lining: Reclaimed military-grade parachute silk
- Handles and adjustable cross-body strap in genuine decommissioned British fire-hose
- Available in Red, rare Yellow fire-hose, or Black printing blanket
- Classic design
- Sister to the smaller Post Bag
- Internal zip pocket
- Two internal poacher-style pockets
- Presented in a reclaimed military-grade parachute silk dust bag, reusable as a shopping or delicate-wash bag
- Etched Elvis & Kresse logo
- Handmade with hand-painted and bound edges
- Water resistant, Wipe-clean
- Repaired for life
- Free international delivery
- 50% of profits go to The Fire Fighters Charity